CITY HALL TRAFFIC ADVISORY
On Monday, December 4th, the City Hall parking lot will close for renovations. Parking for all City Hall business, such as building permits, passports, and utility payments has been provided on the EAST side of SW 90th Avenue in the paved swale area.
We ask that you please park on the paved swale area in front of the golf course. DO NOT park in the golf course parking lot. Handicap parking may be found close to City Hall, in the back of the American Legion parking lot on SW 51st Street.
Signage will provide directions for temporary parking and pedestrian walking path, south to the crosswalk at SW 51st Street, where visitors may make their way to City Hall through Memorial Park. Please review the linked MAP and share this important advisory with your Cooper City friends and neighbors.
This construction project will last for approximately 60 days. We appreciate your cooperation during the construction and will do everything we can to expedite the work. Thank you for your cooperation.
Waste Management, Inc. is the franchised hauler for garbage, recycling and bulk waste collection in Cooper City.
- Every residence is provided, free of charge, up to two (2) carts (not to exceed 192 gallons per household) for garbage service and one (1) cart for recycling (32 gallon, 64 gallon or 96 gallon).
- If you require more, or would like to request a different size garbage cart(s), you may make your request by calling Waste Management Customer Service at (954) 467-1710. If you would like to request a different size blue recycle cart, please call Public Works at (954) 434-2300. You also have the option of making an online request for garbage or recycling carts by clicking on the link below for an online request form.
- Please note, other than bulk pick-up, which is provided every month, all garbage and recycling must be placed within the provided carts in order to be picked up.
- Additional options are available free of charge, by special request, for disabled or frail individuals.
- For more information on these options, please call City Hall at 954-434-4300, ext. 220. Special options must be requested through the City, not directly to Waste Management, Inc.
The City of Cooper City boasts one of the highest recycling participation rates of any municipalities in Broward County. All residents have been provided with one (1) recycling cart by the City. Recyclables are picked up one (1) day per week coincident with one of your garbage pick-up days.
All-In-One Single-Stream Recycling
Items That CAN Be Mixed Together:
- Newspapers, inserts, catalogs, magazines, junk mail, office paper, soft-covered books, file folders, soda cartons, and crushed boxes, including tissue boxes and those from such food items as cereal, rice and pasta
- Flattened cardboard from non-food items such as shipping boxes
- Aluminum and steel food and beverage containers
- Plastic bottles with neck narrower than body, such as soda bottles, milk, water, detergent and shampoo bottles (without caps or lids)
- Glass food and beverage containers
- Milk and juice cartons and drink boxes
Items That DO NOT Go Into Your Recycling Container(s):
- Household garbage including food scraps, pizza boxes and miscellaneous plastics such as toys and cups and plastic bags
- Certain glass products including window or auto glass, light bulbs, mirrors, glass cookware or bakeware and ceramics
- Yard and plant debris
- Medical waste and pharmaceuticals
- Gas cylinders, tanks, rocks, dirt, building debris, flammables and small appliances
- Electronic items, including computers, televisions and monitors*
- Hazardous waste, including motor oil, paint, pesticides and household cleaners*
Helpful tips for successful recycling:
Participants are asked to keep recycling free of contamination by putting only acceptable items into recycling containers. When the wrong items are included, or food scraps or liquids get into the batch, they can cause a whole truckload of recyclables to be wasted.
- Please keep newspapers dry.
- Do not place material in plastic bags.
- Rinse all containers, bottles, jars and jugs.
- Remove all lids, rings and caps.
Any questions, please call the Waste Management Recycling Coordinator at 954-467-1710
BULK COLLECTION PROGRAM
Residential bulk waste collection will be provided monthly on scheduled collection days. See map at the bottom of this page for your collection day.
Please adhere to the following collection rules:
- Bulk waste is to be placed not more than three (3) feet from the curb or roadway in front of your residence.
- Yard trash may be placed in your roll-out cart. Excess yard trash not placed in a roll-out cart must meet the followig requirements with regard to any single piece of material:
- the weight shall not exceed forty (40) pounds
- the material must be less than six (6) feet in length and less than six (6) inches in diameter
- the material shall be neatly stacked, tied or secured in such a manner that prevents spillage when collected.
- Certain loose bulk trash items: (i.e. concrete rubble, rock, gravel, etc.) must be set out in a container with the weight of the contents not to exceed forty (40) pounds.
- Glass items/materials must be placed in a sturdy, rigid container(s) for safe collection. Do not place glass items in with regular bulk items. Instead place the glass items adjacent to the bulk items to facilitate separate handling.
Bulk trash accepted:
- Household goods - appliances, furniture, mattresses, toys, carpets (bundled and tied in correct lengths and weight), and other items normally found in the household.
- White goods - washer dryer, stove, refrigerator, air conditioners are collected (freon must be removed and tagged accordingly).
- Incidental debris from self-home improvement projects is permitted.
- Only resident generated repair debris materials will be collected.
- Horticulture waste - trimmings from bushes, shrubs, frons, branches may be placed in the cart or as described above under Yard Trash.
Bulk trash NOT accepted:
- Construction debris - construction or building materials from commercial contractor generated work is not accepted.
- Automobile or marine parts, engines, etc.
- Miscellaneous - no dirt, rocks or sod.
- Absolutely NO hazardous wastes.
- Do not mix garbage with bulk.
Please contact Waste Management Bulk Collection Customer Service Department at 954.974.7500 if you have any questions.
Multi-Family Bulk Collection Program:
Bulk collection shall be provided monthly on the scheduled bulk collection day. Collection at each complex shall not exceed six (6) cubic yards or bulk waste.
HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE & ELECTRONICS DROP-OFF
NEW WASTE DISPOSAL SITE
The City of Cooper City in conjunction with Wheelabrator, is offering all residents the opportunity to dispose of Household Hazardous Waste and Electronics at the following location:
4400 S. State Rd 7, Davie, FL 33314-2110
DESIGNATED SATURDAY DROP-OFF DATES 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Proof of Cooper City residency required.
Please note that Cooper City residents will no longer be able to dispose of items at any Broward County disposal locations.
Drop-off of electronics waste, specifically computers, monitors, keyboards, mouse, terminals, printers, modems, telephones, cellular phones, televisions and copiers, at these following locations. Please call for specific drop-off dates and times and for more information, or visit the ARC website: Http://www.arcbrowarditasset.com/