CITY HALL TRAFFIC ADVISORY
On Monday, December 4th, the City Hall parking lot will close for renovations. Parking for all City Hall business, such as building permits, passports, and utility payments has been provided on the EAST side of SW 90th Avenue in the paved swale area.
We ask that you please park on the paved swale area in front of the golf course. DO NOT park in the golf course parking lot. Handicap parking may be found close to City Hall, in the back of the American Legion parking lot on SW 51st Street.
Signage will provide directions for temporary parking and pedestrian walking path, south to the crosswalk at SW 51st Street, where visitors may make their way to City Hall through Memorial Park. Please review the linked MAP and share this important advisory with your Cooper City friends and neighbors.
This construction project will last for approximately 60 days. We appreciate your cooperation during the construction and will do everything we can to expedite the work. Thank you for your cooperation.
HOURS: Tuesday - Thursday, 8:00AM-3:30 PM (APPLICANTS MUST BE IN THE LOBBY WITH COMPLETE PARTY AND COMPLETED DOCUMENTS NO LATER THAN 3:30 P.M.)
We are a Walk-In facility accepting applications Tuesday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. for your convenience, unless otherwise posted. We do not close for lunch. Your entire party must be present, and all necessary documents must be available and all applications must be complete by 3:30 p.m. in order for us to accept your application.
U.S. Passport applicants must complete an Application for a U.S. Passport provided by the U.S. Department of State. For your convenience, you may download a copy of the Application by clicking the link above.
Follow the instructions provided below for submitting your application. Should you have questions not addressed in the information provided below, feel free to contact the City Clerk's Office. Finally, TRAVEL SAFELY AND ENJOY YOUR TRIP!
SEPTEMBER IS NATIONAL PASSPORT AWARENESS MONTH click here to learn more.
1. DO NOT SIGN APPLICATION until requested to do so by acceptance agent. Applications with white-out on them will not be accepted.
2. In addition to a completed application, you must provide:
One (1) Identical passport photos- facing forward on a white background only.
Proof of U.S. Citizenship: Original government issued birth certificate, expired U.S. passport or Naturalization Certificate if applicable.
Hospital birth certificates and birth registration cards are not acceptable.
Foreign birth certificates must be presented with an official English translation.
The original document will be mailed with your application.
Valid photo identification (such as a Driver's License).
- Passport Fee - Personal checks or money orders required and made payable to: U.S. Department of State - cash, credit, and temporary checks are not accepted.
- $25 Processing Fee - Only cash/credit/money orders accepted (NO CHECKS effective 9/17/12).
- These fees may NOT be combined.
- A front and back copy (single sided) of the proof of citizenship and valid Photo Identification, along with the original must be submitted with the application. Effective Thursday, July 6, 2017 all applicants will be charged .15 cents per page for copies of birth certificates & drivers licenses made by the passport agent.
3. All minors must be present and both parents are required to execute a passport for a minor fifteen (15) years of age or younger. Notarized written consent from the absent parent is acceptable, when accompanied by a photocopy of the identification used at the time of notarization (front and back). Birth certificates must be submitted even when renewing a passport. Additional documents may be necessary, check with the agent. Click here for a complete list of instructions for applying at the City of Cooper City.
4. If you are traveling in fourteen (14) days or less, you must make an appointment with the Miami Passport Agency by calling 1-877-487-2778. Click here for additional passport information:
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF STATE PASSPORT SERVICES & INFORMATION